Stopping after 3 to 4 hours of playback

Same here, it has got worse in 1.8 but was also happening from time to time with 1.7. When I restart the core it runs reliable for about 3 to 4 hours if I do not anything further on the core. MacMini 2012 dedicated core with 16GB memory and 500GB SSD.

Hi @Ralf_Karpa

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this happen for local and streaming content?

Does it occur for all endpoints?

Do your remotes lose connection or is it just that playback is stopping?

My configuration is shown in this post. Meanwhile, as no one was answering my post, I replaced the SSD with 500GB one using a backup. So, in summary:

Synology DS1513 NAS flac/m4a files → Netgear GS108T switch (dual Gigabit) → Roopie Client, all controlled via Roon on a iMac or iPad. All connections through ethernet, no WiFi at all.

That switch is a managed switch, so could cause issues with Roon. Do you have an unmanaged switch to replace it with as a test?

No, I don‘t and it did not cause that much issues with 1.6, 1.7 so introduced it occasionally and 1.8 made it worse.

From the roon knowledge base: “Managed switches can be very robust, but they are often designed for professional installation, so in many cases the out-of-box configuration is not right. If your switch has a “flow control” setting, please make sure that it is enabled. Also, make sure that the switch is not performing any sort of throttling that might impact communication between cores, storage, remotes, and/or audio endpoints. Finally, ensure that the switch is configured to pass multicast and broadcast traffic. If in doubt about any of this, try temporarily replacing your managed switch with a “dumb” switch to see if things improve.”

Flow-Control is enabled and “pass multicast and broadcast traffic” is also enabled.