Storage location - inspector - focus

*Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Small Green computer Sonic Transporter runs core. Roon 1.7. Storage on a synology NAS.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi system run through an Amplify modem

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mostly BlueSound devices

Description Of Issue
Once upon a time, when I went to Focus, Inspector, Storage Locations - I was able to drill down to subfolders on my NAS storage. These days, the only folder I can specify is the top level “music” folder. This makes it no use whatsoever as a way of specifying searches.

What settings do I need to change to be able to drill down to the next layer or two of folders?

Hi @ajl,

Using Focus on storage locations only lets you choose the folders that you have in Settings > Storage — You can’t drill down into those.

With our latest release, Roon 1.7, we introduced a way to add tags using File Tags, so that might be helpful to you here. You can read more about this here:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Tags#ROONALBUMTAG_amp_ROONTRACKTAG

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.