Straight vs. curly quotes

I’ve noticed that in at least one case, the use of a straight apostrophe (technically, a straight single quote) vs. usage of a “curly” apostrophe (technically, a closing single quote), has created two bands which are actually one and the same. Yes, more Spock’s Beard would make the world a better place, but it complicates things when it comes time to find an album you wanted to listen to, but seems to be misfiled.

That’s strange, I can seen only an apostrophe version in our database. Are you sure that the second version (with ‘curly’ apostrophe) didn’t come with your file tags?

I have the same Spock problem…

That’s strange, I can seen only an apostrophe version in our database. Are you sure that the second version (with ‘curly’ apostrophe) didn’t come with your file tags?

That’s what I thought it might be, so I checked and updated my tags, but the problem persists. FWIW, the curly apostrophe only shows up on and impacts one album, “The First Twenty Years” which is a compilation album released in November 2015; the most recent release from the band.

Hey @George_White, would you mind to share Roon logs with me? I’ll PM you shortly with detailed instructions. Thanks