Strange behaviour on ROCK NUC5i3RYH 8GB / 240GB SSD OS / 2TB SSD Internal Storage / 2TB External HDD

Hello @MrDenis,

I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

OK - will you have captured the incidents I time-stamped yesterday?

I ask as though Iā€™m pleased that things are working via Airplay - responses through the rest of the system appeared snappier when through Sonos Streaming, handovers were instant whilst Airplay is laggy, and I would prefer that fixed rather than living with a permanent workaround

Let me know if I can provide any more info to diagnose

Hello @MrDenis, and thanks for your patience while I discussed your report with our QA team. Theyā€™d like to collect another set of diagnostics for comparison. Could you please reproduce the issue one more time in the following manner?

1. Reboot your core
  2. Reproduce the issue again
  3. Reboot again
  4. Reply here with a timestamp for each of these steps

That would be greatly appreciated! Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

1 06.55 Reboot
2 06.57 Hit Play on Dusty in Memphis, should be hearing 1. Just a Little Lovinā€™ but Roon has skipped to 2. So Much Love , waveform playbar is frozen at start of expected track

07.01 So Much Love ends, So Much Love plays again and waveform playbar follows

Hi @nuwriy - itā€™s been a while since I replied - any results from the collected diagnostics?

Iā€™d also like to report just now at 18.16 Roon Radio failed to pick up from the last track of an album despite having queued something up. If itā€™s relevant I skipped back 30 secs or so in the final track as there was some glitching and I wanted to see if it was source or network

Hello @MrDenis, I just checked in for an upload and it looks like we havenā€™t seen your device on our servers for a few days. Are you able to give it a quick reboot so we can try again?

@nuwriy I have restored a previous image as when I changed from MOCK to ROCK I changed drive mappings but wasnā€™t happy with results

Did you not pull logs on Friday when I last replicated fault?

Hi @MrDenis,

Unfortunately it looks like your Core hasnā€™t been communicating with our servers, so we werenā€™t able to get diagnostics information as we had hoped. So we can move forward here, Iā€™m hoping you can do the following:

• Reproduce the issue once more so we have a new instance we can look at
  • Make a note of the time you reproduce it
  • Use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.
  • Share that link and the timestamp and weā€™ll take a look

Thanks!

Hi @Dylan - Iā€™ve rebooted - itā€™s a shame a week ago it wasnā€™t noted my ROCK wasnā€™t communicating when I originally posted a number of timestamps - 7 days in between responses seems rather long donā€™t you think?

Anyway here are again some timestamps - and logs are on Dropbox

08.36 Play on Room Full of Tunefull - should have played 1. Lay Down Mega Man, skipped straight to 2. Locked Out

08.48 Play on Good Times 2 - played 1. Scrappy, after a few seconds skipped to 2. Breathing Light

Behaviour is slightly different this time as progress bar shows playing track rather than freezing, also there are more succesful plays between skips

Hello @MrDenis, and thanks for the logs! I have added your logs and timestamps to the QA investigation so we can gather feedback. Iā€™ll return once I hear from the team.

Hi @MrDenis, and thanks for your patience while Iā€™ve discussed this with the team. Our team has launched an investigation into this issue and we will be doing some testing internally to try to reproduce this behavior and uncover the specifics of what this isnā€™t working right. I canā€™t provide any specific time frames here, but Iā€™ll be sure to follow up as soon as we have more information to share. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.