Strange behaviour when trying to identify local files

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local

Screenshot of import settings

Import settings are all default can’t fit on page to screenshot

Description of the issue

Out of approx 700 albums Roon cannot identify over 500.
They are a mixture of CD Rips (many with dodgy metadata so understandable) but hundreds of flac files (albums and single tracks downloaded from Bandcamp)
So I understand that obscure releases may not be in the database but many can be identified in Qobuz and/or Tidal but not my local copy.
Can anyone help as very frustrating.
The last image shows the Qobuz version which Roon can identify

Have you tried manually identifying it?

Yes with various spellings.

In which case, hopefully someone from Roon will get back to you with something that might help.

Not heard anything back and this is is not a one-off I have over 100

I usually use Yate or MP3Tag first to load tags from MusicBrainz or Discogs.

Have you tried inspecting the tags? Hate to say it, but manual changes may be your best or only bet.

Good luck.

I’ve tried on a few with limited success.
Will keep trying
Is the minimum tag requirement for Roon to identify tracks & albums detailed anywhere?
I will manually add them if this can be confirmed.
I’ve tried with info from Qobuz and Tidal versions in my library but as I don’t have local copies I can’t see all the file metadata

If they are on Bandcamp then the chances of them being in the databases Roon uses are quite slim.

1 Like

ok thanks for confirming

Hi @loopdigga247,

This single isn’t in our metadata provider’s database. You’re going to want to prefer your local metadata tags for this one, and most likely the majority of your other Bandcamp releases.

Here’s how you do it:

• Click the ellipsis button on the album page
  • Click edit album
  • Select Prefer File for all metadata fields of your preference
  • Click Save

Thanks for this.
However even after changing all metadata preferences to local file it still displays as unidentified.
Tracks and cover are detailed correctly but you don’t get any of the additional “info” that makes Roon so good.
A large number of Bandcamp releases can be identified on Discogs using MP3tag.
Is there any chance that Discogs will be added as a Roon source in the near future?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.