Strange message and update not appearing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is Mac mini, macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.5, Roon 1.6 (build 475) stable 64bit. Control via iPad mini.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Draytek Vigor 2860 vn plus router, Cisco SF200-24 switch, Netgear GS105 desktop switch, Synology RS214 NAS, ethernet Cat 6 cabling.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

dCS Network Bridge, Nagra Classic DAC. Ethernet connection to the dCS bridge and S/PDIF to the DAC. Also USB from the Mac to the DAC.

Description Of Issue

For some time now, there has been a message on my iPad saying that Roon is “adding music to library : of 8 tracks, 8 added, 0 identified” I think that this coincides with my adding a new (8 track) album (details of which do appear in Roon, and which plays normally).

I’ve tried rescanning my library, rebooting the Mac (Roon core) and also the Mac mini, but I can’t clear the message. Now I suspect that this issue is preventing the update from happening (though, of course, I could be wrong about this).

Hi @Jack_Bolton,

If you temporarily move the 8 track album out of the watched folder and then reboot does that resolve things?

Hi Dylan

Thank you for your quick response.

After removing the files, rebooting and rescanning, the message and constant attempts to scan have disappeared. Haven’t been offered the update yet.

Hi @Jack_Bolton,

Can you please reboot your Core and try updating again?

Done. Still no update.

Hi @Jack_Bolton,

Can I please request that you use these instructions and send us a copy of your Roon logs? The best way to get them over to us would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link.

All now OK. Update appeared late yesterday.

Seems I was having some problems with my internet connection.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @Jack_Bolton,

Thank you for the update here, glad to hear that the update worked as expected!