Strange messages and malfunctions this morning

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
TEXT GOES HERE
Fiber Optic network to house. New Archer A20 4000 router

I’m using a Nucleus that is ethernet connected to an Archer A20 router. I operate through a new iPad and the stereo is a devialet roon ready Expert Pro also connected to the router via ethernet. The roon server and Devialet communicate via WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE
This morning the sound keeps dropping out and I get messages that the Tidal connection is slow. The iPad also asks me to find a zone (although all of that has been set before). But nothing holds.

TEXT GOES HERE

Hello @Joel_Gordon,

Welcome to the forum! Is there any change in behavior if you reboot the Nucleus and networking gear?

Do you have any other controllers or is the iPad the sole controller? If you try to start playback to the iPad’s internal speakers, does the same issue occur there?

Hello Noris,

Thank you for getting back to me. The reboot helped. I am not getting the messages (select a zone, trouble connecting to Tidal) nor watching it seem to bounce around on Settings/audio page as if searching for a zone. However it has cut out intermittently this morning and then started up again a few seconds later as if it lost the connection. As I mentioned both the Devialet Pro and the Roon are ethernet wired into the router (although not to each other). In other words I don’t think this is a network signal issue at all. FYI I’m attaching a photo of there iPad on the current Settings/Audio page. As you can see it is using the “Devialet” zone. I’m not sure if I should be using the “Devialet Expert 140 Pro” zone instead (whatever ALSA) is. Your thoughts?

The iPad is the sole controller. That said, after enabling the iPad I’m not getting any sound out of it from the Devialet

Hi @Joel_Gordon,

The ALSA connection is the USB connection to the Devialet, while the Devialet zone under Roon Ready is streaming to it via the network. Generally, you’ll want to use the Roon Ready input on a device if it supports it.

If you have enabled the iPad zone and have selected it from the zone picker (click on Devilaet in bottom right next to volume control -> iPad) then music should start playing to the iPad speakers.

Can you please confirm if the iPad zone experiences the same issue as the Devialet Roon Ready zone?

Noris,

After rebooting the Devialet it appears that the dropouts aren’t happening, which is good. But I’d like to give it some time (like 36 hours or so) to see if that holds. I’ve been in and out of the room where the unit is so I haven’t been able to constantly monitor it.

As for the iPad I’m a little confused because although I click on it as a zone it doesn’t produce any music. I’m not sure why that is. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

Actually upon second listen the devialet has cut out a couple of times briefly.

Hi @Joel_Gordon,

It looks like you have the iPad zone selected in the sidebar, so as soon as you queue a track, music should start playing to the iPad internal speakers. Can you give that a try and see if the issues occur there as well?

Got it. The iPad is playing now. Let me play it for a while and see if I get dropouts. Thanks for the guidance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.