Strange stuttering after delay: Transporter squeezebox from Roon Server on NAS on cloud music only

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.7 v764 with Squeezebox support enabled running on a Synology DS720+ NAS with an INTEL Celeron J4125, 10 GB RAM, DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3.

The NAS has 10GB Harddisk and 2x500GB M2 SSDs as read/write cache. I have about 2500 tracks stored on the NAS.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi The APs are Unifi, the router is a PepLink

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Logitech Transformer connected via WiFi

Description Of Issue

While playing cloud music (Qobuz) to Transporter it starts by playing perfectly fine but then it starts to stutter (severe distortions and breaks) after about an hour. This has been observed at least 5 times. Once the stuttering starts it gets progressively worse over a few minutes. At this point it is still possible to stream music from my stored library with no problems, but returning to a Cloud track the stuttering continues. Power cycling the Transporter has no effect. Quick Stop/Start the Roon server has no effect. The situation seems to reset after a number of hours while the Transporter is turned off but I am not sure how much time is needed. Streaming to other devices (Chromecast, audio chromecast, phones, Oppo, etc) seems perfectly fine.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.