Strange unknown values in Settings / Audio

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac 27" late 2015 | MacOS 10.14 | Roon 1.6 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ziggo Connect Box / ethernet connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

AVM30 amplifier with build in DAC | Allo USBridge

Description Of Issue

Unknown devices in Roon Settings

After installing my new Allo USBridge the Roon panel Settings / Audio displays several unknown devices. Why is that?

Because there are many different audio capable hardware devices in the board design and as such these are detected. Not sure why its showing 2 of the AVM A30 but the others are probably the headphone and and HDMI / display devices even though the external hardware ports might not be installed.

Ok, clear.
The first AVM30 option works ok, but gives a nasty distortion with hi res 96/24 FLACS.
The second one works OK.

Maybe @ALLO_audio_boards @allo.com can comment on the extraneous USB device

The one to use on the bridge for audio output is clearly marked as USB host

Where to see the ‘marked’ one?
On the AVM30 there’s just one USB input in use, but in Roon there are two ‘devices’ displayed…

No idea why you see two. The usb port to use on the bridge is labelled as USB host, it was on mine when I had one. It’s a the bottom one of the three USB ports near the network port if I remember. I had the aluminium case so maybe it’s not marked on the plastic ones?

Aha, a little misunderstanding :smile: With ‘two devices’ I ment two devices visible in Roon / Settings / Audio.
On USBridge it is the one you mentioned.

Hi @Jan_Willem,

Some devices present multiple different audio interfaces as @wizardofoz mentioned. If the USB Audio #1 works as expected, I would continue using that.

As for why the Chromecast and Airplay zones also show up, this is because they have been discovered on the network and you can stream to them. Hope this helps!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.