Stream for WPLN Nashville not working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Desktop PC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google Mesh and ethernet cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

RPi4 and micro usb to a SMSL DAC

The Issue:

Other stations work fine. Please let me know if you need all this systems data.

Hello @Tom_H, I’m a bit confused - the only WPLR I can find is in Connecticut (and not in our database at the moment).
There’s a WPLN in Nashville but that’s working.

My bad on the call letters. Yes, I’m referring to WPLN Nashville. 90.3 FM
It’s odd. The local public radio stations have a couple different affiliated stations. If I try WFCL, which is likewise listed by Roon as one of my local stations, it works fine. But with WPLN, when I click Play Now, it comes up, and the timer starts, but no sound comes out.

Thanks for your help, BTW!

Having the same issue with WBUR Boston, 90.9, if that helps shed light on the situation.

Hmm, both play OK.

Have they ever worked?

No. I haven’t been a subscriber for very long, and have mostly used my own ripped albums so far. This was my issue the first time I tried loading stations – some worked, some like WPLN did not.

Ok, let’s see if we can find a pattern…

Try Roots Radio, an aac stream
WDVX an mp3 steam
And 95bFM, a flac stream

Roots Radio: Doesn’t play. I get a message saying “Unable to play this station. It’s address may have changed, or it may be temporarily unavailable.”

WDVX: Same message

95bFM: Plays fine.

Then I suspect your codecs, but am confused by the fact you can play WFCL. What is your core? (…and have you rebooted it?)

I’m running the core on a desktop PC. But no, it hadn’t occurred to me to reboot. I’ll try that now.
Tom

I’m no longer getting that error message on WPLN, but it’s still not streaming.

I do get the same error message as before with Roots Radio and WDVX.

Are you still able to play WFCL?

Yes I am. :upside_down_face:

The Nashville bombing seriously damaged a major regional ATT switching/data center and knocked out internet and cellphone services over a widespread area all over the south. ATT has been working to restore services, in some cases by rerouting traffic. May be related.

P.S. WDVX is in Knoxville, but still may have been affected.

I suppose so. What about FIP, that has a mixture of aac and mp3 streams. Do they work? If not, then we need to switch this over to the main support people.

Fair point, but I think I had this issue even before the bombing.

I tried nine FIP stations, which I think is all of them, and every one worked.

(BTW, I tried to send this at 11:30 am Central time today, Sunday, but the restrictions on newly-registered community members kicked in and told me to wait four hours. Wish I hadn’t commented on the bombing theory. . . ).

Jeez, sorry, man. If it’s any consolation, wpln works for me via roon live radio. I’m in East TN on Charter/Spectrum.