Streamer (SotM sMS-200) not visible in Roon after core update (1.8 build 931)

Roon Core Machine

MacMini (Late 2012), 2.5Ghz i5, 16Gb ram running macOS Catalina (10.15.7) & RoonServer 1.8 (build 931).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Core over ethernet, streamer over wi-fi. Setup unchanged and streamer web interface works fine. Streaming from MacBookAir to sMS-200 works fine.

Connected Audio Devices

SotM sMS-200 (Eunhasu latest firmware 0.52) / Schiit Bifrost Uber (Unison USB) (Roon Ready)
Ikea Symfonisk bookshelf (Sonos)
Apple TV 4K (2021) (Airplay)
Airport Express 2nd gen (Airplay)

Remote = MacBookAir M1 with 1.8 build 931 & iPhone 13 mini with 1.8.00931

Number of Tracks in Library

18.7k songs
1652 albums

Description of Issue

The streamer is not visible in Roon anymore after core update. The problem occurred when updating the core to the latest version (1.8 build 931). I can switch the streamer from Roon Ready to Airplay (Shairport) mode and Roon recognises the streamer as Airplay device. When switching back, it doesn’t show up as Roon Ready device.

I’ve already rebooted RoonServer and the MacMini.
Turned off/on the Roon Ready app from the streamers web interface. Rebooted the streamer (with reset button and second time via the web interface).

I’ve run out of ideas. Help would be greatly appreciated! Is there any way to revert back to a previous build? If only to check if it’s maybe a software bug.

Kind regards,
Koen

Ran an ethernet cable to the streamer, now it’s immediately detected in Roon as Roon Ready device (over ethernet IP address). Might be a wi-fi issue then: Re-connected the wi-fi network to the streamer from the web-interface, disconnect the ethernet. Now it’s active over as a Roon Ready device with the wi-fi IP.

Takeaway from all this? Although the core update might have caused the issue with streamer, it’s not the first time the SotM has given me trouble. Absolutely wonderful when it works, but a fickle device. Couple months ago the streamer kept turning off the Roon Ready server (Had to go into the web-interface at least twice a day to turn it back on). Reset to factory default. Ran with ethernet cable for a week. Eventually swapping out the SD card for a new one, fixed the issue. Alas, since a couple of weeks the issue is back. I’m afraid it’s gone through another SD card :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.