Streamer transport price range - upgrade from Allo Digione Signature

Thanks for your suggestion, but I don’t think he would be interested in that. First of all he is not some kind of hobby DIY guy, but a pro who is just targeting local market with custom hi-fi components and has enough work to do with regular orders. He doesn’t care about marketing, packaging or distribution and that’s also why his products have exponentially better price/value ratio. On top of that he is a very old school designer who is not much into streaming, PC’s, etc…

1 Like

Looks like this is what I will have to do if I don’t scrap the idea completely. I was simply hoping someone who has experience with upgrading from Allo Digione would chime in. I think I have a pretty good overview of what streamers are available in various price ranges, but I’m not sure where to start. E.g. I would not expect Limetree to give me any significant upgrade from SQ perspective (if it’s even possible as others have said), considering that Limetree is 1K USD device, my RPi setup with the Shanti LPS cost me like 700 USD and with Rpi I would expect a much better price/value ratio, so I would consider Rpi setup to be at least on the same level with Limetree, if not better. If I’ll get some devices for testing, I think I will have to start with something like Lumin U1 Mini.

1 Like

Can recommend ifi zen stream £399,has a cleaner spidf than your rpi,works perfect with roon,and my cd player meridan 506 has always sounded way better than any streamer