Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity internet
Ethernet from wall plug to Nucleus
USB from Nucleus to Mola Mola integrated amp with built in DAC
USB and ethernet cables are mid-high end

Connected Audio Devices

USB connection from Nucleus to Mola Mola Kula integrated amp with DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

I’m streaming Qobuz and not using the library installed on the internal hard disk

Description of Issue

When streaming Qobuz, it cuts out after anywhere from 5 to 45 minutes after startup. It doesn’t reconnect right away. After an hour or 2 generally I can reconnect and the cycle repeats. Nucleus remains powered up after streaming cuts out. After streaming via Nucleus cuts out I am able to stream Qobuz thru TV soundbar, laptop, and Iphone.

After streaming cut out, the orang LED is still visible and also the blinking green LED.

Roon setup shows OKs for Op system, Roon software, server software, Dbase settings and int. music storage.

Thanks in advance

Hi, I’m just wondering if that’s an ethernet over powerline adaptor?
If so, as a test, can you try connecting the Nucleus directly to your LAN via a Cat6 cable.

Hi Carl - I wasn’t clear about the wall plug connection. We’re in a new house that has Cat6 cable run to almost every room. No powerline adapter in use - just a straight ethernet cable run from the female RJ45 plug in the wall socket to the Nucleus.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, it rules out any issues due to these adapters.

All I can suggest is power-cycling your router and any associated switches.

After that let’s hope Roon can spot something in logs that can help to track it down.

Power-cycling with the router and switches had no effect. From your message it seems that I should not send a request for RMA yet.
Thanks

Hey @Rich_Magnani,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, do you only see this issue happen when streaming content from Qobuz? Does this happen when playing local tracks from your library? If it’s only Qobuz tracks, please logout and relog into your Qobuz account, and power cycle your core.

Please take note of the date, time, and name of the track the next time this happens and share it here :+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.