Streaming MQA to KEFs but only seeing 48KHz

**Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)**Wiindows 10 desktop.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
KEF LS50W through WIFI with the speakers connected to each other.

Description Of Issue
I’m looking at the file info while playing an MQA file from Tidal with Roon and instead of MQA 96 or 192 I only get the FLAC file 48KHz 24 bit.

I’m running it through the KEF LS50W through WIFI with the speakers connected to each other and was hoping to get the higher resolution.

In your audio device settings, expand the ‘advanced’ section and see if you have mqa core decoder enabled.

Thanks Neal, It was and is enabled I’m hoping someone might have the solution.

Posting the signal path would help.

I am not sure, what does the signal path consist of?

Hi @dan,

Can you share a screenshot of the album you’re trying to play, along with the Signal Path as mentioned above?

Is this happening for all MQA TIDAL albums or just this one?

Thanks Richard, my signal path is lossless and the icons are purple. It looks like my MQA is authenticated.

On the main section of the audio settings do you have mqa capabilities set to ‘no mqa support’? I think that’s how it should be set if you want the core mqa decoder to work.

Thanks again I’m all set MQA is up and running.

That’s great news, @dan! What ended up being the solution for you?

Hi Dylan, I was mistaken by looking at the file info view instead of the icon on the bottom bar where the song is playing which shows you the signal path and streaming strength of each track while playing. There are 2 icons one displays lyrics and the one right beside it shows the signal path. All the other advice on this thread is also correct

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.