Streaming playback - skipping tracks, pausing at 0:03 or 0:04

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Ryzen 3950X, 32G RAM, NVMe storage, problem occurs with all released Roon 1.8 builds and at least two 1.7 builds I ran.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear/Ubiquiti switches/router, all hard wired, 1GbE copper, cables and patches all tested with Fluke DSX800 certifier to 6a standard compliance, 1GE throughput tests with Y.1564 and RFC2544 pass.

Internet is 1Gbps fibre to the home (symmetrical); monitored latency to first “internet” hop outside core is <5ms w/ 0% loss and <1ms jitter.

Local media playback is off a ZFS based NAS with NVMe precaching.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

On this zone, grouping of HifiBerry AMP hat on Ropiee, Focusrite 2i2 on Ropiee, and Focusrite 2i2 on the PC.

Description Of Issue

Seemingly at random, Roon either:

• Skips ahead one track and pauses at 3 or 4 seconds into playback
  • Pauses at 3 or 4 seconds into playback

This appears to only happen with TIDAL tracks (I have no other streaming services configured). I suffered no such failures using the TIDAL app natively. There does not appear to be any pattern to the problem other than the fact the tracks are from TIDAL.

Hi @jharrison

Sorry for the trouble here, and for the delayed response. Our team’s queue is a bit longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get responses to everyone ASAP!

Does this issue occur if you play directly to System Output of the Core machine?

Has this behavior always occurred, or is this something that started happening recently? If recently, was there any change around the time this started?

Can you try going to Settings > Service and lower TIDAL’s streaming quality to the lowest setting as a test? Is there any change after doing so?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.