All my Qobuz 192/96/24 files streaming fine in roon…in los angeles area…no loading on stuttering probs…beta tester
In my frustration, I deleted Roon from all of my devices and re dowloaded the app.
How do I get it on my mac core, etc., without paying another fee?
In other words, how do I get it the actual settings back on my devices?
I have the same problem. For me, it is Roon. When I just use the Lumin app, Qobuz plays just fine. Through Roon, i get the network error. I am using a gaming PC (i7 with 64GB ram and a SSD for the OS). Not sure what to make of it. I am streaming to a Lumin D1. Seems to only have an issue with hi Rez files in qobuz. 16/44 is fine.
Yes, and I did find the Roon app and I did re download it…and…nope, it didn’t help. TIDAL plays OK, but Qobuz doesn’t. And, Qobuz plays perfectly on my iPhone.
So, to state the obvious: seems like a Roon problem.
And bear in mind, Qobuz worked perfectly until Friday.
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here and thank you for performing the troubleshooting you have done so far. I see that you have deleted and re-downloaded the Roon App to try with a fresh database, this is a good step as it would eliminate anything in your database possibly causing this issue and give you a “fresh” start.
You would not need to pay another subscription fee, just un-authorize the previous Core and authorize the new installation as the current Core. If things are still not working as expected on a fresh install, please note the exact local time in your country (e.g. 12:26PM) that this behavior occurs and I can enable diagnostics mode for your account to see if there are any errors around that time.
Just tried this album (Krall, Turn Up The Quiet) in my home office with nothing but a RaspberryPi connected to an old Denon AVR4311, and it worked perfectly (192 kHz). The RaspberryPi is connected to my home network with ethernet cable, and my Roon Server (a Windows 10 PC) is wired to Verizon Fios 100/100. (for what it’s worth, I’m in the Western burbs of Philadelphia)
I just did what you said…disconnected then reconnected the core.
What happens is that Qobuz takes upward of 90 seconds to load a new selection, then will play an album through, but if you go elsewhere, the same slow load occurs…sometimes with the usual “Qobuz is taking a long time…” message, asking me to check my connection, which is fine.
Also, at times, when I think that I’ve turned off Qobuz and stopped the music, it starts on its own. I left the apartment several hours ago, then returned to find that one of the Qobuz playlists was on.
All of the other services, TIDAL and my albums, all load and play as quickly as they are supposed to.
This just happened…about 4:40 to 4:45 EST.
Another day…same problem…and sometimes the intermediate tracks do take longer to load.
Again, I had no problem with Qobuz/Roon until last Friday, the day after the US rollout of Qobuz.
Could it be that something in the Roon cache mechanism (my word) is overburdened, etc., on account of the heavier traffic?
And, just now…11:06 EST, one of the tracks stopped, while playing…so the situation is getting worse.
Your assistance in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for letting me know that information. I looked over the diagnostics from your machine but there is unfortunately not much information listed for the cause of the issue there.
I’d like to try something here to see if it will help, can you please use these instructions to clear out your Roon Cache?
- Find and open your Roon database
- Navigate to
- Move the contents of the
/Cachefolder elsewhere, like your desktop
- Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs
Also, I am not sure if this was mentioned yet, but if this does not help, can you confirm that the same issue occurs when outputting to another endpoint other than the DirectStream while using Roon?
Thank you.Will do tomorrow.
I followed your directions but could not find the database…I did find a folder labelled Roon backup…I didn’t do anything with it.
When I switched to another endpoint, the problem not only recurred, but got worse: I got a “Roon has lost contact…” message. So I switched back to the PS Audio bridge, and after the usual long wait, the music is playing now.
What is causing this??
And, FWIW, the artwork on one of my remotes, my iPhone, no longer loads as quickly or at all, although the remote I started out using, my iPad, has loaded.
And, except for the initial “page,” none of the artwork on Qobuz, TIDAL, even my own albums, etc., loads.
All of this must be symptomatic of something…and remember, I never had any of these problems until last Friday.
Am I a “voice in the wilderness?”
Have you done a Speedtest on your Mac? Go to speedtest.net and what is your download speed? I assume you’re running Roon core on the Mac?
Yes; just did: 28.9…when I should be getting only 24 through ATT UVerse.
OK…Call off the dogs.
I rebooted the router (again) and all seems to be well.
I sincerely hope that the problem stays solved…if that was the solution.
Thanks everyone for their help and comments.
Glad to hear that a reboot of the Router has helped! If this issue occurs again do let us know.
Just mentioning this also - you may also want to take a look in changing your DNS servers to Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS in case the ones provided by your ISP are under a heavy load.
I was having the same problem (long multi-minute delays between tracks when streaming Qobuz). The problem was unique to Roon: I encountered no such delay when playing via the Qobuz app, or using OpenHome.
Switching from my ISP’s DNS (Spectrum) to Cloudflare and Google instantly fixed the problem. I have no idea why the choice of DNS server should affect Roon and not other players, but there it is …