Streaming with Roon keeps pausing and skipping songs

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC I5 running ROCK
8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NUC core hardwired cat5 to router
Google mesh router for WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node on WiFi, digital out into McIntosh MA5300 DA1, controlling with IPad Pro

Number of Tracks in Library

Streaming only with QoBuz

Description of Issue

When I begin streaming using Roon, the music will pause. Sometimes it will begin again in a few seconds, other times it will pause and then jump to the next song, and pause again And jump to next song. I sometimes get a notification on Roon that QoBuz is loading slow. When I stream directly from the Node, it seems to work fine. This happened only a few times in the past, now it seems to happen every time I try to stream. Don’t know if it’s related to the recent upgrade to 2.0

Michael, welcome and sorry to hear about your intermittent issues. This type of behavior typically is caused by a network issue. Is your NUC hardwired to the central Google mesh node acting as your router? Is your Bluesound Node using WiFi or an Ethernet cable to connect to the network?

Also, how many other devices do you have connected to your network? Are the Google mesh nodes connecting to each other wirelessly or via an Ethernet cable?

Roon requires some extra care in your network due to how it synchronizes across devices and zones (and very well from what I am experiencing). The Google mesh devices may struggle in some scenarios based on how much streaming occurs in your home, how many devices are connected, and how far apart they are when connecting devices.

1 Like

Hey @Mitchel_OSTROW,

Ben here with the support team. I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still running into hiccups with playback. @Robert_F is absolutely steering you in the right direction with his questions and thought process.

Please let us know your status, and if you could fill out some more information based on the questions Robert has followed up with :+1:

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.