Stroboscopic effect ROON remote on iPad in Dark mode

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

DIY silent HDPlex case with Linux Debian Buster (headless)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All wired cat6

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic Vega G2 via ethernet

Description Of Issue

Most of the time when I start the ROON remote app on my iPad, the app starts, but next I get a completely white screen (some sort of refresh screen). After 1 second the app continues normally in Dark mode. Not life threatening, but I assume that this is not the way the app should work. By the way, I really like 1.8! Best regards, Wybe

Screen_record iPad

1 Like

@Support

Do I understand correctly that you already made a ticket for the white screen issue?

1 Like

Hello @Wybe ,

Thanks for the report, we’re aware of this behavior and there is a ticket in regarding this issue!
Thanks in advance for your patience while we work on the ticket from our end!

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue since v1.8 on both iPhone XR and iPad Air 2, both running iOS/iPadOS 14.4. I have been enjoying Roon’s improved UI performance, and v1.8 overall, but it sure is startling to get strobed with that bright flash of white when going back into the Roon app after being out of it for a few minutes. Thanks for posting, and thanks to Roon Support for confirming that a fix is being worked on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.