Struggling to add a music library from Network to Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mackbook pro. Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 250.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.37f20
Serial Number (system): C02TJ0R6HF1T
Hardware UUID: 82F24723-9588-5593-8CA6-058DEE569629

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonos

Description Of Issue

I am trying to add a music library from a shared iMac source - the server address is - smb://iMac._smb._tcp.local/LaCie/20-07-24-201737 4 Melco backup 25-7-2020 - but try as I might I can’t get Roon to recognise it either in this format or as //iMac/LaCie etc - I am sure it may just be a small thing but I have spent over 4 hours with it and I an very frustrated - some simple help would be m much appreciated

thanks

Mark

Hi @Mark_Thomason,

Welcome to the forum!
Does this guide (<-clickable link) help with the issue?

I have already tried following this twice and as far as I can see have done everything on the list - but Rood does not recognise nor give a reason why - the latter being the most frustrating!
I will look again

Hello @Mark_Thomason, are things working now? I wanted to check in and see if we’re ready to continue troubleshooting. Let me know!

No, I am afraid I am struggling miserably!! I have a selection on my Desktop system on an external disc and a second copy, plugged into my my time capsule. I can see both copies from the Mac Laptop on which I have the core - but no matter what I do I can’t add them to the Roon Library - and so a whole TB of music is not accessible - it is very frustrating and I don’t know what to do next!!

Hello @Mark_Thomason, my apologies, but I’m happy to help! Do you get this far? Do you get any errors popping up? Please send me a screenshot.

Let me know how far you’re able to get through the process outlined in that document and we’ll go from where things are getting stuck.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.