Stuck in loop of constantly scanning, adding, then removing files

Roon Core Machine

Xeon e3-1245, 32GB ECC Ram, Unraid with ZFS file system, Docker container. Database/application on SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Approx 450,000

Description of Issue

For the past month, I have experienced an issue where Roon will add new tracks like usual when i add them. However will also scan the entire library, then once it reaches the end (approx 450,000 tracks) it recursively removes all tracks until there are none, then does a rescan and adds them back in again. This cycle repeats. This causes constant hard drive activity, and unavailability of music files to play.
I have rebooted the core several times, removed and ‘skipped’ files, and have tried to read the logs to find the problem without success.

Has any of your watched drive(s) changed name or drive letter , that would start ONE rescan , not multiple

I have a USB drive which I mainly keep “disabled” when I re - enable it , it scans for a few minutes (70k tracks) , the next re-enable it just reads the drive and finished . As if Roon is updating the db for a drive change maybe

Not sure why it should be recursive though

They shouldn’t have, the mapping of my music folder has remained /mnt/user/Music
I never turn off my server, so the drives / paths should always be there / available.

Maybe it cant finish the scan and just tries again, but it doesnt explain why it removed all the tracks and starts again.

Would it help if I posted logs?

I’ve extracted some log files and can upload them,
Lots of this type of lines
09/23 09:17:05 Debug: [music/storage] undeleting deleted track with the same file key
09/23 09:17:05 Debug: [music/storage] importing file 67:0:John Lee Hooker/Boom Boom/06 - Let’s Make It.flac from /music
09/23 09:17:05 Debug: [music/storage] undeleting deleted track with the same file key
09/23 09:17:05 Debug: [music/storage] importing file 67:0:John Lee Hooker/Boom Boom/13 - Everybody Rockin’.flac from /music
09/23 09:17:05 Debug: [music/storage] importing file 67:0:John Lee Hooker/Boom Boom/16 - Sadie Mae.flac from /music

Sounds like it’s hitting a dodgy file and keep trying

Have you tried deleting the John Lee Hooker track in question , if it moves on you may stick somewhere else then at least you know that file is dodgy .

Irritating

I’ve still got this problem… i cleared out all skipped files, deleted all backups, removed and readded storage location.
I guess this is my life now…

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.