Stuck on “Looking for Roon Core”

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus b

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Araksis Network

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

System has worked for a couple of years. Occasionally have had to “restore backup.”
Had the same issue and restored backup again. It looked like it had worked but screen appeared with three options, one of which was “update and reinstall.” I chose that option and have not been able to use system since then.
Always get message, “Looking for Roon core.”
I run the system on an IPad A1893 with OS 16.2.

Have you have rebooted the Nucleus, router, Ethernet switches, iPad and made sure your remote is on the same wireless network?

Yes to all of the above.

You covered the basics. My core is on a NAS, so I am not familiar with the Nucleus, but I am sure somebody will be along to help you out.

Does anybody official ever reply to these questions?

They do eventually but at the moment the team appears to be understaffed. I’m seeing response times of a week or sometimes longer.

System

Roon Nucleus B

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Araksis network

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

4000 albums

Description of Issue

Reposting after waiting 10 days for a reply.

System has worked for a couple of years. Occasionally have had to “restore backup.”

Had the same issue and restored backup again. It looked like it had worked, but a screen appeared with three options, one of those was “update and reinstall”, which should I chose.

I have not been able to use the system since then. System always hangs up at “Looking for Roon core.”

I’ve merged your repost into the existing thread. I appreciate that wait times are longer than anyone wants, but reposting isn’t going to make things faster.

Can you access the Web Administration Interface page of your Nucleus using the web browser of your iPad?

Try typing //Nucleus or the IP Address of your Nucleus into your web browser.

1 Like

Hey @Michael_Haislip,

Ben with the support team here - you have my extreme apologies for the delay in getting to your thread!

You’re in good hands with @Geoff_Coupe - two immediate things I’d like to see is if you’re able to access the webUI of your Nucleus, and if not, what shows up if you hook up a monitor via HDMI to the Nucleus and boot it up.

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :pray:

Sorry for the delay. I am not very technical so I have been struggling to do what you suggested. I finally got a TV monitor connected via HDMI to Nucleus.

I get a very basic page that shows manufacturer (Roon); model ( Roon optimized core kit); OS (RoonOS 1.0 (build 258) production; serial# (54B2038D0701)

Roon OS Web UI (http://192.168.7.205/

Does that help at all?

Yes, it does help. The fact that your unit is claiming that it is a Roon Optimized Core Kit model, instead of being in fact a Nucleus model is an indication that the SSD has failed or is badly damaged.

I think the best option would be to replace the SSD, install ROCK on the new SSD, and then for Roon Labs to upgrade the Roon OS to the Nucleus version remotely.

Paging @benjamin for you - he will follow up with a Private Message giving the steps to follow.

1 Like

Thanks for the ping @Geoff_Coupe! Private message has been sent @Michael_Haislip please check your inbox for a message from me.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.