Subracting Tracks

My storage is pointed to a Synology NAS. Roon scans the files in the shared folder, and shows the correct number of files. When importing, it gets close to the correct amount and then starts subtracting files. Ive tried most of the basic troubleshooting. Any help would be great.

Do you have show hidden tracks/albums enabled in settings?

1 Like

Not that this will help but its a total of 63,000 tracks and it goes down to about 52,000.

Thanks for the reply, Yes I do.

Hmm, not really sure what the deal is there.
Are these all local files then?
No streaming albums included in your library at all?

Only other question I have is do you see anything under settings: library: maintenance when you hit “clean up library”

All local, and no streaming. When I go to clean up library, it says clean up 1032 deleted files.

Well that ain’t it then either.
Sorry no further ideas myself

I created a second drive, and it did the exact same thing. So could it be something with file type or name

Are there any entries in the list of skipped files under Settings > Library?

No they are not.

Anyone have an idea? Is there a way to get in contact with roon tech support?

Tech support is done via the forum in the Support section. I am moving this thread to that section, but, you should fill in the following form which is required when you post in that section.

=========================================================================

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS220+ / INTEL Celeron J4025

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Comcast Modem, Unifi Dream Machine Pro, Unifi 24 Poe switch.

Connected Audio Devices

Nucleus plus, Hifi Rose 150b.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Ive tried this every way possible and looked through all the troubleshooting threads. I have a total of 63,550 songs. When i direct the library, It scans the proper amount of songs but does either two things. 1) gets close to the scanned amount and then subtracts tracks off 2) gets nowhere close. It always goes down to 49,026 songs. Please helppppp lol

Bumb. Anyone?

Hi @David_Harrop,

Ben with the support team here, thanks for your patience while our team navigates through each thread. :pray:

Following up here, I’m not seeing any devices or cores connected to your account. If possible, can you reproduce the issue, share the date and time, and then please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.