Sudden, Bizarre Problem With Roon On My iPad Pro

Sonic Orbiter Roon Core
Sonore Ultra Rendu Network Streamer"

All of a sudden, when I go to Roon on my iPad, start it up and select something to play, as soon as it starts to play, it goes instantly from the first song, to the second, to the third, until it reaches the last song on the album, it goes past that, and then nothing happens. You see this happen on the screen as the cursor moves right from one song to another without anything being played. I’ve restarted Roon half a dozen times, rebooted the ipad, etc. I can’t imagine what’s causing this? Help!

Try Rebooting the UltraRendu and your DAC.

I rebooted both, as recommended. Now Roon only sees my iPad as an available zone, not my Ultra Rendu. My Sonic Transporter sees it as ready and available.

Hi @Jeff_Corbin,

I would try rebooting your networking gear as well. If you want, you can also reach out to SonicTransporter support team regarding this behavior: smallgreencomputer.com -> bottom-right “Contact Us” button.

The problem has been resolved. Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like

Hi again,
How was it resolved?

After the fourth time of resetting/rebooting and/or otherwise restarting everything in the chain, I was suddenly able to see the UltraRendu and access it on Roon. No idea why it did not happen the first three times I did exactly what I described above, but I’m simply glad to have it working again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update… I had a feeling you would report something like that … streaming, networking, USB and DACs are often fickle companions.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Sonic Orbiter Roon Core
Sonore Ultra Rendu Network Streamer"

I opened this problem a few days back. My earlier ticket was closed, after it seemed everything was working again (although we did not identify what the problem was). Now it’s back again every time I try to listen to music. When I go to Roon on my iPad, start it up and select something to play, as soon as it starts to play, it goes instantly from the first song, to the second, to the third, until it reaches the last song on the album, it goes past that, and then nothing happens. You see this happen on the screen as the cursor moves right from one song to another without anything being played. I’ve restarted Roon half a dozen times, rebooted the ipad, etc. I can’t imagine what’s causing this?

Carl was assisting on the last ticket. I can sometimes clear it if I reboot the power supply for the Ultra Rendu, reboot the UltraRendu, reboot my DAC (which is a real pain, as it is tubed) reboot the Sonic Orbiter, reboot the iPad, and reboot my cable router. I can’t keep having to do all this just to be able to listen to music. Thanks for any assistance.

I have had this issue and it only occurs with sonicorbiter products and I could never figure out what was causing it.

It’s a while ago now but I think rebooting my ultraRendu seemed to sort it out most times.

Do you use the upnp bridge by any chance? It frequently happened with this for me, less frequently directly into my Hugo DAC.

It’s a Sonore rather than a Roon issue I think.

.sjb

Hi @Jeff_Corbin,

I would also reach out to the SonicOrbiter support team so that you have assistance from two fronts here, but let’s see what I can help with.

If you try selecting the iPad speakers as the active audio destination and play some content to it, do you see the same behavior occur there? Or does this behavior only impact the UntraRendu/DAC zone?

I did reach out to Smal Green Computer and Andrew did a lot to attempt to help, even verifying my DAC’s diagnostics were good, and actually taking the time to log in to my computer and check everything in the entire path.

Let me also note that this problem has occurred with BOTH the UltraRendu AND a MicroRendu in place, so it cannot be one of the units.

When I switched to the iPad as the actual active audio destination, there was music playing, and the moving from one song to another did not happen, however, at the portion of the screen where you see the actual track visually playing, it said nothing was playing, and you had no control of anything from that point.

Hi @Jeff_Corbin, I’ve re-opened you Previous topic and merged so all this history is together.

Thank you Carl…I’m really hoping someone has an idea of how to resolve this soon. I use this system in my office/den at least 45 hours a week.

Hi @Jeff_Corbin,

I’d like to take a look at the diagnostics from your Core next time this issue occurs. Can you please let me know the exact local time + date + track you start experiencing this behavior next on?

I’m also not seeing any network setup info attached to you case, can you please provide some information regarding the model/manufacturer of your networking gear and how the Core/Rendu(s) are connected? Are they all connected straight into the router or are you using any switches/range extenders/powerline adapters?