Sudden Playback issue

Hi @Mark_Saunders1,

Thanks for those details! A few questions:

• Any change in behavior with a reboot of the Core / Primare?
  • Are you using latest firmware on Primare?
  • How is the network setup, is the Primare on Ethernet or WiFi?

Hi

No change following reboot
using latest updates
connected through ethernet.

im starting to suspect its a network issue with Primare. Cast works ok to TV from roon as does aiplay to the Primare.

Thanks

Mark

1 Like

Thanks for those details @Mark_Saunders1!

I would try to cast to the Primare using another app to see if cast is impacted by multiple apps on it.

I would also try simplifying the network for the Primare - connect directly to router, try a different Ethernet cable / port.

You may also want to reach out to Primare support to get their thoughts on this as well.

Hi. I think I’ve pinpointed issue to iPad/IOS
I’ve downloaded google home, tidal and Roon remote to an android device and all seems to be working ok now.

Another issues I have sorry is Roon down samples all DSD files to pcm and all had files to 96khz. There also no DSD set up screen for the primare but it does play all these high res formats.

Any ideas please

Thanks

Dit’s now started same issues through android so it is definitely a Roon issue as tidal working ok.

It’s now skippy through an entire album without playing any tracks!!

Hi. I think I may of worked out issue but not sure how to address it.

From reading a few Roon threads I’m starting to wonder if Roon is not recognising the DAC in my PRIMARE?

It seems to be an issue raised in several threads and I have had an issue relating to this before current problem.

Since I first installed Roon it hasn’t played any DSD files in natural format, always downsampling to 96khz pcm. It’s also does this with 192khz files and when setting up the amp in Roon there is no option for DSD set up?

This all suggests for what ever reason Roon does not recognise the DAC. Is this something you have come across before and do you have any ideas how to fix issue please?

Thanks

Regards Mark

Hi @Mark_Saunders1,

This is expected behavior when you are using the Cast protocol, it does not support DSD playback.

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date + track/album you experience this behavior on?

Hi it’s doing it all the time no specific time or date sorry

Hi @Mark_Saunders1,

Please just let me know the next time you experience this issue (e.g. 1:24PM on 9/2/20 when trying to play Dark Side of the Moon) .

I would like to enable diagnostics mode for your account and what this does is upload a log set, but I need a timestamp + track to look for the issue.

16.08 gmt Alain’s morisette

Hi
Haven you any ideas of issue please yet? I think it maybe network issue but not sure.
Tried everything you suggested and still have same issue. I press play and it seems to play but no sound. I then push pause then play and it plays ok for one track then need to do the same for all tracks.
There is no specific time it’s all the time!
Thanks
Mark

Hi @Mark_Saunders1,

Thanks for that timestamp, I can confirm that logs from your machine have been delivered to our servers.

We are looking into your report at this time, can you please confirm if you have noticed this issue only started to occur recently prior to our latest release or was it occurring on previous builds as well?

Hi Norris
Thanks for update on issue.
I noticed firm around the 25th August I think after returning form a weeks Holliday. It worked ok on the Sunday and Monday if my return and think it started on the Tuesday 25th.
Does that tie in with update date?
Thanks

Hi Noris
I just noted the date for latest update was 20th August which would tie in with when my issue started. I was away that week and turned off all my appliances. Didnt then turn back on until around the 24th/25th which is when i noticed issue.
Thanks
Mark

Hi Noris
Sorry me again. I noticed last night that Roon is playing all music in my melco imported folder ok but the issue seems to be with music within the import CD folder?
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Mark

Sorry Noris I think I’ve pinpointed the issue to, Roon plays all high res 24bit or tidal MQA files but not anything at 16bit. I’ve set device playback to default and it’s only an issue when using chromecast. AirPlay is set to default playback too and works ok with all file formats
Thanks
Mark

I have also had this same problem since the last update. I often need to press play/pause to advance tracks in Roon radio, and also to get internet radio working. Albums play through. I Have Chromecast Audio for my endpoints as well, and it does not matter if I try to play to wireless or to cat 5 , to one endpoint or to a group. Sometimes I need to go into Google Home to stop casting when it says it is playing but without sound. Tune In Radio and Tidal apps working fine though.

Hi Bill. I was beginning to think it was just me!
Hopefully somebody at Roon can come up with a solution
Mark

1 Like

Hello @Mark_Saunders1 / @B_Clarke ,

We are actively looking into this issue, for any updates, please see this thread:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.