Sudden problem connecting to my Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Taiko Extreme - build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ATT Fiber Optic -Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
ONT via Ethernet > Buffalo Switch >Telegartner M12 Gold switch > Taiko Audio Extreme via USB > Vivaldi One

Description Of Issue
None of my remote devices (iphone, ipad, macmini) can connect with Roon Core which is the Taiko Audio Extreme. Intermittently, I’ve had this issue but have ultimately been able to reconnect by reinstalling the Roon Remote app or entering the ip address of the Extreme. This time nothing I’ve tried works. Thanks for the help!

Is the Buffalo a router with AP or just a switch? I would reboot everything including the network devices

I didn’t do the obvious and reboot the Extreme. When I did all devices were able to connect. Thanks for your help wizardofoz! BTW, the Buffalo is “just” a switch…

1 Like

I would highly recommend you have a router after the ONT ethernet connection, and before any switch this is typical connectivity setup and could be exposing your system to outside threats otherwise.

Unless its a very odd ONT with a router and AP then it is the router

Thanks for the info! I go from the ONT to an Edge Router X SFP. This allows me to separate the audio from the home network. When I did that it revealed a more vivid musical presentation!

Hello @Michael_Messer, glad you got some help here! Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Thank you, Nuwriy!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.