Sudden unreliability of HQPe connection to Roon?

Yep. It’s just that you can’t use two USB drives for music storage.

But one for storage and one for connecting to USB DAC should be fine.

So the Rendu in ‘Roon Ready’ mode works 100% fine without issues? It’s just HQP NAA with issues?

The reason I suggested Roon Ready mode without any DSP earlier today, is to see if it’s the high sample rate… as I suggested earlier, try it with all Roon DSP turned off and just Roon Ready mode on the Rendu and play PCM44.1kHz music - that should be lowest network bandwidth demand…

I’ll leave it with you… plenty of things to try… from personal experience these are all tests Andrew G and Sonore will ask you to do anyway if you contact them… the more info you can give them, the less time you’ll waste with back and worth later, with the same tests I’ve already mentioned earlier today.

The issue is back again - now with a recently acquired OpticalRendu.
You’d think that, with Roon Ready selected in App Switcher it would make the Roon Output zone available in the Remote App, but no - plug and play it ain’t!
I had to stop playing about with this due to needing to drive to work, but I’ll try a reboot this evening and see if the exclusion of HQPe makes the system rock steady and reliable.
If that transpires, it begs the question as to what in HQPe is causing the issue.
I don’t think it’s the upsampling, as during periods of steady playback, I can reliably up-sample to DSD512 (no pops or clicks or stuttered playback synonymous with overload of the processor).
I leave the system permanently powered, so this instability is down to either the STi7 or the OR. The network is reliable (110MBps to the house), so I don’t think I’m getting drop-outs in service causing this issue.