Sudden update of Roon Server today?

While happily enjoying some music all of a sudden today my Roon Server (located on a QNAP) flagged that there was an update available?
I allowed it to update itself and after a while it was back online, however really slow, via my iPad. It has since come up to speed again…
But, the version has been available for several weeks now? The server claims to have version 1.3 Build 276 but it really should have had that version for quite a while? This occured today at 10.30 CET.

04.12.17-20:28:40 --- at Sooloos.RnetJsonClient+<>c__DisplayClass65_0.<_BeginRead>b__0 (System.IAsyncResult ar) [0x00035] in /home/roon/roon/RoonBase/rnet_json_client.cs:335
08.12.17-10:30:05 --- e[0;37;1me[0;0m00:00:00.001 e[0;36mTrace: [childprocess] using unix child processe[0;0m
08.12.17-10:30:05 --- Initializing
08.12.17-10:30:05 --- Started
08.12.17-10:30:10 --- Running

Hey @Mikael_Ollars – we enabled diagnostics on your account, and we’re going to have a look over the report and logs, to see if we can see what’s going on here.

Just so I’m clear, you were using Roon with an older Core version until today? And you just got the update notification today, and things are running smoothly since?

Couple questions in the meantime:

I assume there’s plenty of room on the hard drive Roon is running off? Is it an SSD? Which QNAP are you using? How many tracks in your library?

I actually dont know what version was running before this update, i usually follow update recommendations though.
And yes, after the update i have been running most of the the day without any mishaps.

And regarding your further thoughts;
The QNAP is a TS-470 Pro with 16Gb of RAM and a better processor than original, updated to an I5 3470T.
Three 3Tb disks in a Raid0 stripe set and one older SSD for RoonDatabase, around 5Gb used, some 50Gb available. (If i am to suspect anything, this disc would be the first for examination)
The library consists of around 3,5Tb of music, ca 95K tracks where ca 85K are FLAC or DSF, the rest MP3.

And thanks for getting back on this strange behaviour! :slight_smile:

We found the issue here, and it was just a bad link on our server.

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Okaj, thanks for looking into this! Everything has been running fine since then! (as usual)

This topic was automatically closed after 27 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.