Suddenly, roon is not working at all

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
What is roon build numnber? Naim Nait 1 + Spencer is operating system.
Wonder if this is right answer…

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Networkplayer is ps audio (Perfectwave directstream Juniour) and it connect to my laptop (HP).

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Do not understand what I have to say because I do not understand this question.

Description Of Issue

Problem is that,
One day, roon is not working anymore.
When I open roon at my labtop, the “Golden Saying” is shown first and then,
the loading logo stays there forever.
I downloaded window 64bit and linked with tidal and had been using it for the last 7 months without big problems.
But then, One day the roon is malfunctioning.

I have downloaded 32bit roon instead of 64bit, but it does not working.
I try to turn off all my networkplayer and wifi so as to check if roon can not
find the system.
All the actions that I have taken is useless.

What should I do???

Sorry for the trouble here, @hwabong_Lee!

Is this laptop your Core machine? Can you give us some details about this machine?

Since experiencing this issue have you tried rebooting the machine?

Were there any changes around the time this started occurring? Maybe a Windows update?

It looks like you have the same problem as I do. see Roon 1.7(build 667) does not start anymore

Yes, my laptop is my core machine.
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop - 13t touch (7AL88AV_1) shows the spec of my laptop.

I have tried rebooting core machine, wifi, network player but do not
work either. As far as I know, the laptop does not get into any updates.

I have no idea whats happening. Regards,

Try updating your graphics drivers not from Windows update. Go to the manufacturer of the pc or graphics card.

Would you pls guide what’s my next logical step is?

Did you update the graphics card drivers?

Yes, I just did and still same issue remains.
Btw, whats the relationship with this issue and graphic card update thou?

What should be my next step? hmmm…

Dear Dylan,
I am still waiting for your answer.

Regards,

If you read Dylans answer, he is waiting for you.
He had some questions you did not answer.

@dylan
@hwabong_Lee

Yes, my laptop is my core machine.
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop - 13t touch (7AL88AV_1) shows the spec of my laptop.

I have tried rebooting core machine, wifi, network player but do not
work either. As far as I know, the laptop does not get into any updates.

I have no idea whats happening. Regards,

Hello @hwabong_Lee, when you reinstalled your graphics drivers, did you use the manufacturer’s site to do so? This is important when updating drivers. Please do not rely on Windows recommendations when reinstalling your drivers.

Once you’ve done so and if you notice another crash, please reply here with a timestamp (in your local timezone) so I can enable diagnostics for your account and we’ll take a look. Thanks!

Dear @nuwiry, I guess I used HP site to reinstall graphic card. Is it still issue?
Anyhow, the roon is still crashing with my computer and does not working at all.
The loading sign is on but it never goes to next step.

What does it mean by timestamp, thou? I am currently living in Seoul, Korea…would this fact be helpful?
Would you pls check my account out? I havent used the roon for the last 2 weeks already.

Regards,

Hello @hwabong_Lee, I’d recommend reinstalling the drivers from Intel’s site since that seems to be the manufacturer of that GPU based on the link you posted earlier. Also, for timestamp the time it says on your clock will work just fine! Knowing what time the issue occurred helps our team focus in on a specific section of the logs.

Dear Nuwriy,

I am absolutely lost.

I think I updated my graphic driver via Intel Website (Automatic Update_ so that I have Graphic Card 620_I dont know whether it is the latest version or not. However, I click the update button at Intet website and that is what I have got)

I also updated my graphic Driver via HP website since the Intel website asked me to do so.

However, It does not work.

I am absolutely lost. Wonder the graphic card 620 does not mean it is updated?

What should I do?

This has all the hallmarks of a Windows update, the one just into January seems as bad, my wife’s PC motherboard sound card suddenly went silent

It was fixed by updating drivers

Whatever cards etc you have in the PC may be guilty, do them all direct from the manufacturer website NOT via windows, you’ll just get the same wrong one

Well, it’s March now and no solution to this. I am running Roon 1.8 and it worked fine until today, core fails to load. I have two laptops, the core is in the Spectre x360 running win 10, up to date. I then switched core to the old Acer Aspire S7 191 and everything worked fine. But as soon as I change core to the Spectre, it doesn’t load. I recently installed Nero Plat 7, That’s the only big install I can recall between last I used Roon and now. There were two automatic Win 10 updates as well. But both machines installed those so if they are the cause, it shouldn’t work on both.

Well. I just uninstalled the whole of Nero 7 in 1 Platinum (yup, individually) and Roon works again. For all you folks having the same problem and having Nero installed. Otherwise - check your last install.

I have this problem and am close to abandoning Roon because of it.

You’re the second one I’ve seen where Nero was the problem, did you have the WiFi + Transfer app included in Nero?

It seems that Nero is using the same port as Roon so effectively takes ownership and prevents Roon from using it which stops Roon from launching.

@danny FYI