Suddenly volume goes up to 100%. Wasn't happening before

Hello.

Until Sunday things worked perfectly, now when I start playing music the volume increases on it-s own until reaching 100% withing 5 secs or so. I haven’t made any changes…What could it be?

My system:
Win 10 PC running Roon, feeding

1. WS2012R2 PC running HQPlayer
  2. Squeezebox Touch
    All controlled from my Android phone.

The same behavior is displayed on the HQPlayer PC and on the SB Touch, making me think it’s a Roon-related issue.
When I look into Roon > Audio > HQPlayer device setup: I see External Volume Control set to None, but when I try to modify it doesn’t allow me. But I don’t know if this value was set to something else before…just trying to find a reason for this.

What could it be?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Horacio_Lewinski ---- Thanks for the report and sharing your feedback with us. The insight is very appreciated!

Besides the mentioned audio zones (i.e HQPlayer and Squeezebox Touch) do you have any other endpoints in your setup? If you do are they exhibiting the same behavior? For example if you play directly from your core machine does the volume jump?

Additionally, may I kindly ask you to please provide complete screenshots of….

• The playback settings you are using with the HQPlayer and Squeezebox Touch endpoints (i.e your “device setup” windows).

• The signal path of both zones when the issue occurs.

-Dylan