Suggestions for RAM for Nucleus+

Dear All,

Any suggestions for Nucleus+ RAM?

I want to replace the stock Transcend 8GB RAM.

Regards,
Tushar.

I use G.Skill Ripgaws F4-2400C16D-16GRS in my NUC8I7BEH. It is a matched 2 stick kit for $65.00.

I’ve had memory issues with other brands and unmatched sticks in my desktop in the past. No more issues after switching to G.Skill so I used the same in my NUC/Rock buiild.

I’m sure there are other good brands, I stay with what works for me.

Why not simply slide in an additional 8GB? No need to replace the existing 8GB.

1 Like

Why bother at all? It’s your SSD that went south, right?

2 Likes

I want to replace the Transcend brand, with what I read since my Nucleus+ went south, this brand has issues.

Frankly, the whole purpose of getting an Nucleus+ is avoiding these kind of issues. If Nucleus+ comes with products inside which has issues with several customers then I guess Roon needs to look into their vendors and get things sorted.

Anyways, thank you for your post. I have ordered a Samsung memory, and from your link I have the instructions. I guess I would need a wired keyboard for the OS installation.

Thank you so very much for your support.

Honestly, the whole thing was just blown out of proportions. RAM hardly ever fails and I don’t even recall any reports about RAM failing inside the Nucleus. Don’t replace things if they aren’t broken (on appliances).

1 Like

I too have the same feeling… :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

Roon keeps crashing and is sometimes unusable for days. I have a large library with over 600,000 tracks on my Nucleus + with a 4TB internal SSD and a 10 TB external drive plugged into the Nucleus +. Currently Roon is working fine but it seems that whenever I add music Roon dies and goes into a loop indexing my whole library.

I’m hoping that adding RAM will alleviate the problem. Is it correct to say that there is a 8GB Transcend card inside the Nucleus? If so is there a particular model number that I need to buy to bring it up to 16GB? Is it possible to use another brand and higher capacities, either adding a 16GD and having 24GB or replacing the original card with 2 16GB cards? What would be the optimum memory for a large library like mine and having enough headroom for the future? Has anyone had experience replacing the RAM in their Nucleus? @Mike_LC Would you recommend G.Skill Ripgaws F4-2400C16D-16GRS over the Transcend and will they fit into the Nucleus? #tinkering @dylan

Hello Paul. Yes I would recommend G.Skill memory, had it in several machines with no issues. There are other well known brands. I would get a 16 GB kit instead of just getting 2 8GB sticks. The kits usually have the sticks matched up and tested to work together.

hi Mike,

Thanks for your recommendation.

To clarify, do you mean G. Skilll memory is recommended for use in a Nucleus +
and can I use a G. Still 16 GB stick in tandem with the installed 8GB Transcend card
= 24 gballl up?

I would not mix and match. Pick a brand and stick with it. I don’t know if G.SKILL is recommended for use in the Nucleus, or any particular brand for that matter. I know it works with my NUC8I7BEH and the Nucleus + is an Intel I7.

2 - 8GB sticks for a total of 16GB is plenty for my needs. 2 16GB sticks for a total of 32 would be the next step up - if the boards support 32.

cheers Mike