Suggestions for Roon Ready stereo pair

That is correct, the B&W Formation Duo are wireless but at US$5,000, may be outside his budget.

1 Like

I would have to suggest Devialet Phantom 95db, the “babies” of the range but a pair easily fill a large room with glorious sounds.
$2400 for a pair shipped bought directly from The Roon Store.

I love my pair in a 18x22 room.

Sure you can move up the range but I seriously doubt you would need to.

As for wall mounting, a small shelf mounted to the wall off the studs would more than suffice.
They need power is all, their Wi-Fi performance is good enough for 24/96 in my house.

1 Like

I have several Flex and they work well as a stereo pair. The sound is not as robust as the Pulse or Pulse Mini since the Flex’s the speakers are considerably smaller. Still surprisingly good sound from a small box. I have the wall mount for them which works well for adjusting position.

1 Like

Would you think that using 2 pulse mini’s for the stereo pair would get better results? I love the Mini on its own and it can be configured as a stereo pair. However I heard that it’s better to use a speaker with a single driver for a stereo pair… which in theory makes sense. However in my case this is not for sweet-spot listening - just for casual/ambiance listening.

The Pulse Mini not only has more wattage but 2 x 4" drivers and produces a bigger soundstage, more volume and better defined bass.

I also have a pair of Pulse Mini (pre 2i), a Pulse, a Node 2i, a C658, a C 368 and an M33 on order. So I’m reasonalbly familar with Bluesound products.

Perhaps you’d be satisfied with a single Pulse Mini rather than a pair of Flex’s.

QAcoustics Active 200 are Roon ready as well and not that expensive although reviews seemed divided on them.

Thanks all for your suggestions. We’re spoiled for choice, to be sure!

1 Like