Suggestions for sorting only complete albums

I’m a new Roon user and would appreciate suggestions on how to be able to sort (within genres ideally) only complete albums… my music collection has both complete albums and individual tracks. Thank you.

In Album View click on Focus at top of the screen. Then click on Inspector in the pop up box (far right). Click Contiguous Tracks and then click on the + to make it a -.

You can also add a Focus with Genre as well.

Does that do what you’re looking for?

Cheers, Greg

I’m impressed Greg, would never have thought of this!

SJB

Almost… It now shows any album that has two or more tracks. I wouldn’t mind tagging the complete albums, but not sure then how to browse them by genre.

Actually, that might not do what @Michael_Mackin is looking for.

If you have albums with single tracks (or even 2 or more) then Focus > Inspector > Track Count > All and make it 1 to 1 (or whatever).

Cheers, Greg

After you have narrowed it down with your first focus, click Focus again and select Genres.

Cheers, Greg

Ok, I’m messing you up completely. I read Completed as Incomplete. So that post changing Contiguous to - should remain +. :flushed:

So, the Contiguous should work and the Track 1 to 1 should get you singles.

Is that ok?

Cheers, Greg

Maybe my problem is that in addition to the complete albums, I have many albums with less than the full track list… so anywhere from one track to two tracks to complete album minus one.

It’s difficult to know if an album is complete. It could contain the first 10 songs, but the album has 12, for example. This way, we don’t know that the album is supposed to have 12 tracks.

So to summarize, if the album contains tracks 1, 4, 5, and 7, then the Contiguous Tracks Focus will find it.

Focusing on Track Count can show albums with 1 or 2 tracks.

That’s all I can think of at the moment. I may be missing something obvious. Maybe others will have suggestions.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks Greg for thinking about this… what I’m trying to accomplish is a way to browse (ideally by genre) my complete albums - which is what I listen to when sitting down for a serious listen. I’ve accumulated many miscellaneous tracks that I use for playlists. So far I’m very happy with Roon.

Ok, I’ve used what we’ve discussed and came up with Focus on Contiguous Tracks, Genre (Alternative/Indie Rock) and Track Count where I changed it to 2 to 106 (in this example), to weed out the singles.

This is what it looks like. Though it might not be perfect, it should be close and capture most of the albums.

Once you come up with a Focus like this, you can save it as a Bookmark to bring it up quickly in the future. Bookmarks are at the top right of the screen.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks Greg, I’ll play around with this suggestion.