Suggestions for the best sounding Album(s) on Tidal?

Thanks to Armin and Andy for enabling me to paste an album. This image is for the Emily Pinkerton album I recommended above. Again, the next to last, instrumental track, “Three Forks of Hell” is the one recommended.
RoonShareImage-636688173974012342
Jim Heckman

Hi, I’ve tried searching for this album but can’t find it. How did you track it down?

Philip,
Actually I bought and ripped it, not remembering that when I posted the suggestion. Should have noted that when doing so. Bought on Amazon, regular CD price for a 27 minute CD. Annoying but the startling beauty of the recommended cut was worth it.
Jim Heckman

Ah ha! No wonder I couldn’t find it when I was searching album name, artist etc. Just that the thread states best sounding Album(s) on Tidal? I will try to find the album as it sounds interesting.

Obviously I erred in posting a non Tidal recording. I’m better informed now and will be aware not to do so further. Re the album, be aware that the other four tracks are mostly her singing in her high vocal, albeit with unusual arrangements and instrumentation. It is not at all conventional folk. The album is subtitled Rounder Songs for Voice, Banjo and Chamber Ensemble. I still feel it is unusual and refreshing. I saw her live when she was doing music a combination of South American and Appalachian, and immediately bought her two then available CDs. This is a further and more sophisticated music. Makes me wonder what she’ll do as time goes on. A lot of potential there. If you pursue it, I hope you like it.
Jim

2 Likes

1 Like