Support for new iPad Magic Keyboard? [Released – Build 943]

Just got the new Apple Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro. It’s really nice with the trackpad, but it seems like Roon does not have support for proper navigation/scrolling yet. Using two fingers should allow me to browse through my library, etc., but it doesn’t. Instead, I have to click and drag to move around.

Is this planned?

Thanks.

24 Likes

I agree. I would like to see full trackpad features for the iPad Magic Keyboard supported.

2 Likes

Yes, I support the idea for track pads and gestures on iPad OS.

4 Likes

+1 for iPad Magic Keyboard support

2 Likes

+1 here for magic keyboard support on ipad

3 Likes

+1 for Magic Keyboard

2 Likes

+1. I would just note that this isn’t a request to support a specific (and expensive) apple hardware product. It’s a request to add generic mouse support added in iOS 13.4.

3 Likes

Well, let’s go the whole way, and allow the full Roon OS to be installed on an iOS with sufficient memory :grinning:

(As with Windows, Linux, and Mac).

3 Likes

+1 I am sure that this is not the most critical upgrade - but would be great to have.

2 Likes

+1 here as well. Only app I regularly use that has issues with the Magic Keyboard next to TradingView.

2 Likes

Has anyone actually tried this? I’ve asked 2 separate people who say it’s working.

2 Likes

Huh? It’s not

1 Like

I found it odd them saying it works. Why would this thread exist if it did. Thanks for clarifying.

Where did they say that?

2 separate YouTubers

YouTubers who have specifically tested the Magic Keyboard track pad with Roon? I believe it when I see it. We‘re not talking about it generally functioning here.

I have a 2020 iPad Pro with magic keyboard. The cursor works but not the trackpad and gestures.

2 Likes

The main issue is you can’t scroll using two-finger gesture on the trackpad.

4 Likes

+1 for Magic Keyboard support.

Roger that …another one for proper scrolling on the trackpad please

1 Like