Support for new iPad Magic Keyboard? [Released – Build 943]

+1 for this feature

1 Like

+10 if I could

1 Like

+1 for this support please.

1 Like
  • 1 for support of this issue please, I use a 2020 iPad Pro with magic keyboard as both remote and listening zone. Navigation gets frustrating at times, having to reach for the touch screen, to scroll through.

Many thanks,

2 Likes

Yes please! Seems strange that it doesn’t.

1 Like

+1 for iPad magic keyboard/trackpad support.

1 Like
  • 1 need proposer support for IPad and keyboard

Bumping and adding myself to this list. Recently bought an iPad pro to use as a laptop replacement. Roon is the only app out of the eighty or so I use which still doesn’t fully support mouse functionality. Apple introduced this to great fanfare back in iOS 13.4, as a significant step forward for “Pro” users. We’re now on 14.2. Could Roon please catch up.

1 Like

A feature like this is asked for many times.
I also like to see two finger swipe back and forth on my macbook. Roon is the only app I have that does not support this wich makes it confusing sometimes. I don’t know how many times i tried swiping unconsiously because it is integral part of the OS, just to find out it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

It’s a jarring experience on the iPad Pro. Roon is the only app I frequently use that doesn’t support touchpad gestures with the magic keyboard. This makes it feel stale and out of place.

4 Likes

Same experiense, same keyboard, same request. I’m using the new iPad Air though, but that shouldn’t make a difference.

1 Like

On the iPad Pro with keyboard Roon is a bad experience.

+1 Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro support on scrolling gestures without having to ‘click & hold’.

Incidentally, this works fine on a Magic Trackpad for iMac, so it would seem do-able on a Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro.

Extra feature request:
It would also be nice if navigation between screens within Roon could be forward/backward swiped (like Safari, etc) without having to go to the arrows at the top of screen

Also, why do keyboard shortcuts not work with the magic keyboard? Simple things like spacebar for play/pause should surely work?

1 Like

Thank you AllenB for that Workaround (click&hold) it is better than touching the screen each time I want to scroll. But still can‘t understand why such a simple thing isn‘t working out of the box. Don‘t know any other app that is not supporting the scrolling gestures.

1 Like

It’s because of the custom GUI Roon uses. You’d need to hook up all the native functionality manually. I hope Roon decided to rework the mobile apps to use the respective native platform and APIs but I’m doubtful this would ship in the next update or anytime soon.

+1 for iPad magic keyboard support.

1 Like

To my utter disappointment, Roon 1.8 still doesn’t support touchpad gestures or keyboard shortcuts on iPads with Magic Keyboard.

2 Likes

Be disappointed but don’t be surprised. Roon’s iOS apps aren’t native UIKit, they use Xamarin which is a half ass cross platform development API.

So we get non-native apps on every device (Win/Mac/Android/iOS) which don’t support the things that make each OS special. On iOS that means no keyboard or mouse support, no swiping gestures for navigation, no Lock Screen controls, an app that gets background killed because it’s a RAM hog (since it’s non-native it has to load a bunch of extra crap so that it can fake act like a faux iOS app), is more buggy than a real iOS app would be, and doesn’t follow many of the standard conventions of how iOS apps operate.

Apparently Roon pulls in over a million dollars a month but can’t find the resources to develop a real iOS app… hell I’m sure if they asked users for a one time charge of $5 to go towards developing a real iOS app everyone would gladly chip in. It’s bewildering that the craptastic Roon iPad/iPhone app is acceptable to them. It’s embarrassing.

12 Likes

Hate to say it but I agree with every word you’ve written.

1 Like