Surround with Roon and Lyngdorf MP-40

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TS-1685 QTS Version 4.5.2.1566 (2021/02/02)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable (router) FRITZ!OS: 07.22
Netgear GS750E (switch) Firmware 1.0.1.7

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lyngdorf MP-40 connected via LAN-cable via Netgear switch to QNAP NAS.
Speaker setup of MP-40 is 4.1

Description Of Issue

I have music in 5.1 format, but roon is playing it only in 2.0. In the roon set up (advanced section) of the MP-40 is no possibility to select the speaker set up:

the result is then this:

Hi @Cosmic_Encounter ,

On the Roon Ready input you are limited to two channel PCM, USB can play two channel PCM or DSD and HDMI can play multichannel PCM. If you want to output multichannel content, you’ll want to use HDMI.

Hi Noris,
thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I am connected to my NAS via a LAN-cable and not HDMI.
Is “roon ready” the final status for the Lyngdorf MP-40 or will it get the status “roon”?
Best regards,
Johannes

Hi Noris,
an additional question: In the setup of the audio device is no possibility to choose 5.1. This has nothing to do with the DSP processing, as this is a device setup. It doesn’t know where the music is later coming from. So it should at least her show the possibility to declare that MP-40 is a surround-processor.

Hello @Cosmic_Encounter ,

There is no “roon” status, just Roon Ready and Roon Tested. Roon Ready refers to devices that you can play over the network that has implemented our RAAT protocol. These MP40 limitations will likely not change.

Ok, I see.
It there then a possibility to use a USB-Harddrive of memory stick directly at the MP-40 and play directly from this multi-channel?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.