Swipe or click to close sidebar?

On the latest iOS (can’t find a version anywhere), the switch zone dialog no longer goes away when tapped after completing the required change, nor can it be ‘swaiped’ away. Is the intended behavior that one should tap in the left-hand edge?

If so, this is a poor design decision as the touch areas in that zone are still active.

:frowning:

1 Like

Does it not ‘go away’ if you just tap outside of the zone window? (The dark grey area)

1 Like

Yes, but as mention in the OP, the zone is very narrow and is filled with tuck areas tat remain active.

We never close the Zone Picker after selecting a zone, since selecting a zone might be a step that’s part of some larger task you’re trying to complete.

For example, if you are trying to group Zone A and Zone B, the first step is to select the zone you want to be the master (meaning, which queue is grouped to multiple zones). It would be frustrating if the only way to do this was to select the zone, then re-open the picker, and then set up the group.

The newer “sidebar” design does look more like the navigation sidebar, so I can understand why you’d be thinking it dismisses on selection.

You can dismiss by tapping anywhere outside the Zone Picker, like most pop-ups and dialogs in Roon.

Can you be more specific here? Are you saying that touch areas outside the Zone Picker are active?

“We never close the Zone Picker after selecting a zone, since selecting a zone might be a step that’s part of some larger task you’re trying to complete.”

I don’t think you are parsing what I said! Old behavior was that if one tapped (as I said on my OP “AFTER COMPLETING THE REQUIRED CHANGE”) below the list of Zones in the blank space, that closed the Zones picker panel. Now it does not, and one has to tap in a very narrow area (on my iPhone X the area to tap in is 3/8" of a total of 2 3/8"

Got it, that’s what I was missing. I think this was a bug actually, and once QA noticed they put in a ticket and this got fixed.

The designed behavior is that you click outside the picker to close it (along the left) but I agree that swiping would be nice here as well.

We’ll discuss, thanks for the feedback here @Graham_Bird!

Quick question I was wondering if you can lock the side bar open.
Thank you