Switch Tidal account with same Roon library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ROCK on a Intel NUC.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
LAN Cisco Catalyst.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Amanero USB DAC

Description Of Issue
I have a library with my preferred music. I run Roon and I back up the music preferences with Dropbox.
If I switch for the new Tidal account I can not find my libraries, they are completely empty.
I restored the back up from Dropbox. The library is restored but logged in with old Tidal account.
To change the account I need to log off and log in with new account … Libraries are lost again.

Can you help me. I need to change Tidal account by maintaining libraries.

Regards

1 Like

Did you get Tidal to swap your account details or did you create a new one account?

New account! any way to solve?

Not that I can think of. All of your Tidal tracks are associated with the old account. Roon has no way of referencing them.
Why did you change the account? You might be able to get tidal to copy the old account into the new if you contact their support.
I did this when I needed a shorter tidal login address.

ok I will…I did not know that by changing account I lost the library … I thought that the backup of Roon was useful!

As I say contacting tidal would be your only way to recover.

Hi @Arnaldo_MAURIZIO,

Just to confirm, was your library data transferred to this new TIDAL account? Are all of your favorited albums and tracks in this new account?

Hi I do not have jet wrote to Tidal. You can close. Regards

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.