Switching core and migrating library issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows10 on nuc7i5 last build from roon

Description Of Issue

Wanted to switch the core between my NUC and Qnap 251+ it went smooth but even though i followed all instruction on migration when connecting from the NUC it rescan my library and all my manual work of edit is gone.
If I log from Android it seem to be fine.
Another issue is that once NUC is not core I can not access files
(when viewing file info there is no “open file location” option)
It also prevents metadata edit when I choose prefer file.
I switched back the cores reloaded the backup and all came back to how it should be.
Read many similar threads but non was exactly the same to spare me from asking :slight_smile:

Hi @Nir_Roiter,

Can you confirm that you used our Migration Guide when switching Cores? Have you restored a backup after setting it up?

There is something important to note when switching Cores, it is important that Roon does not see two copies of your media files at the same time, as seeing two copies would essentially have Roon import the duplicates as “new” and any previous edits would not be associated with the existing database entries.

This aspect is discussed in our Preserve Edits Guide and might be what happened on your end.

In this case, are the media files themselves still located on your QNAP (acting as a NAS)? Are you connecting to the QNAP via SMMB or is it connected via USB to your Core?

Thanks for your reply but both cases seem not directly related.
My files are not changing location they are always on the NAS which is connected via network only and runs ROON SERVER.
Problem occurs when I try to switch the active core from my NUC to the NAS.
I hope it is clearer now

Hi @Nir_Roiter,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Storage tab after you have made the Core switch? This tab should look something like this:

Hi,
Did all the process of backup and migrating in order to switch the core and I eventually managed I had to let roon finish its scan without the edits and load the backup only afterwards.

I also needed to disable the music folder cause it crates duplication. Not sure why.
I did delete the data folder from the nuc.

Thanks for the help.

Hi @Nir_Roiter,

Thanks for the update here, just to confirm, everything still appears to be working as expected after your previous message? Shall I go ahead and mark this thread as [solved] if you are not having any additional issues after restoring the backup?

Thanks, everything seem to be working fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.