Synology 6.2 - "failed to run the package service". Any ideas how to fix it?

I have been using Roon on a Synology DS918+ NAS for about a year and a half, installed with Synology – RoonOnNAS. The NAS run OS 6.2.3-25426 - as I understand it, it’s only the new version 7 which has compatibility issues with Roon.

A few days ago Roon stopped working. Logging into the NAS I noticed that Roon was not running. If I click on “run” from the package center, I get “failed to run the package service”.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

If I were to delete and reinstall it, how would I restore from a backup?

The Roon database (and, I think, automatic backups) are saved on an SSD drive connected to the drive via USB.

Thanks!

In file explorer, can you see the “RoonServer” folder? I had this issue before with a USB SSD. The USB share volume name had defaulted back to the name of the USB hardware controller. I had to rename it back to “RoonServer” before the core could restart.

If you remove the Roon Server app, your Roon Server database will not be touched. So you could remove the app and reinstall it while your database will be preserved.
Please also check, as @Graeme_Finlayson mentioned, if your RoonServer shared folder is present. Without it, Roon Server won’t start up.

I disconnected then reconnected the USB SSD drive, and now Roon works - I managed to get it to start again.
Thanks!