Synology NAS - static noise until playback starts

Hello!

I have a Synology DS718+ on DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3 running Roon Core 1.8 (build 764). I’m using the NAS USB port connected directly to a NAD D 3045 amp/DAC.

I hear static noise (white noise) immediately after I turn on the NAD. Once playback starts, the noise disappears, and no issues even if I stop playback until I power cycle the NAD. And the NAD D3045 is not faulty either - if I connect it directly to a laptop, it does not have the issue.

The issue could be non-Roon related, as I can reproduce this when the Roon Core service is stopped.

My other amplifier/DAC (Cambridge Audio CXA81) also does not have this issue, works flawlessly.

I am also having this problem with a new nucleus, and a SMSL T1 headphone amp/DAC. It did not happen when hooked up to my computer. It also does not happen immediately after restarting the nucleus.

Hey @Mathias,

Welcome to Roon :wave:

(I am very sorry it’s almost two weeks later than it should have been :pleading_face: )

I appreciate you sharing the details that you have and for testing a few ways of connecting your device before even reaching out. I am sorry about the trouble.

Is this ongoing? If so, could you please use the template below to share the information our technicians need to help?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

@Winter_Fleury, it would help tremendously if you could please do the same. And, welcome :wave: . We’re happy to see you on community :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.