Synology - Roon Server = Stopped after update v1.8 (build 882)

Hi experts,

After updating Roon I have problems with the new version, I get the message “There is a problem loading your database”.
I have reinstalled Roon on the Synology NAS (RoonServer_Synology_DSM7_x86-64_20211105.spk) with the latest version.

What else can I do or adjust to be able to enjoy Roon again?

Thanks for the effort,

Regards,
Nathan

2 Likes

Hi @support,

Core on Synology DS918+ (Running DSM7)
Remote Roon 1.8 on Samsung OS Version 8.0.0
Remote Roon 1.8 on iPhone 11 OS Version 14.8.1
Library details, 53000 albums

What else can I do or adjust to be able to enjoy Roon again?

Thanks for the effort,

Regards,
Nathan

@crieke may be you have the answer for me?

Fixed, new update…

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the party. There are countless customers effected by this release in one form or another.

RoonLabs claims only a handful of it’s customers are effected. That is quickly being rebuffed.

The only success I had was go into the import settings and turn off all Room MetaData.
I have a 920+ that was running smoothly until this release. Shame on me for updating so soon. Who knew.

Look at your resource page on the DSM. You will find Roon DB eating up massive resources. That is part of the problem/issue. I asked Chris for ideas myself. I think getting an approved Synology DB will go a long way.

RoonLabs are gone till tomorrow, several folks are out till the end of the week.

Good luck,
Mason

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.