Custom PC Desktop. CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20Ghz. RAM: 64 GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear GS108PE

Connected Audio Devices

Aux Cable from computer to Sony HT-NT5 Soundbar+Sub

Number of Tracks in Library

10,877 tracks

Description of Issue

Opened Roon Desktop client today and System Output is no longer an Option. My other networked audio devices are displaying properly.

Hey @Kevin_Kumana, thanks for letting us know about this.

Could you try temporarily disabling the device’s firewall and anti-virus software? If this helps, please enter an exception in the firewall for Roon and RAAT Server.

The next step would be to manually install the graphics drivers. We’ve discovered in time that Windows’ automatic updates (that include the graphics drivers) can be unreliable. Make sure to download the drivers directly from the manufacturer’s website, since this will give you the best result.

Is there any change after doing this?

Thank you in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your reply!

I actually figured out a different solution. Basically I was setting up a Naim Uniti Atom on my network and during that process the Roon Desktop Client had an automatic box that opened for “Manage Devices” or something similar. From that page I was able to “Enable” my “System Output” again, as well as find all my other Outputs. I tried to find that same page again later and found it listed simply as “Audio” in “Settings.”

I think it might help people if the “Audio” Setting was more appropriately labeled as “Manage Audio Outputs” or “Audio Outputs” etc. It would also be very intuitive if it was an option in the pop up window on the bottom right of the Desktop Client from the list of available Outputs. That’s where I would expect to be able to manage Audio Outputs from. Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Thanks for the update! I’m so happy to hear that you were able to find a solution.

Your feedback is much appreciated, we’re always looking for new ways on how to enhance the user experience. Let us know if anything else should happen to pop up!

Cheers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.