TAB in Album Editor not working [Resolved - B778]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core: Roon version 1.8 (build 756) stable running on ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
App: Roon version 1.8 (build 756) stable running on macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

Description Of Issue

Display an album, enter the “Album Editor” (Ctrl-I), choose “edit album”, then click on “original release date”:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-11 um 09.15.52

Now press TAB on the keyboard - the input focus is not jumping from “year” to “month”. It is jumping outside and below the “Album Editor” - see screenshot:

Please make the date fields (Release dates, etc.) accessible by TAB as in Roon 1.7.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I can confirm I’m seeing the same issue. To add insult to injury, after pressing TAB a few times, the Save button can no longer be clicked. You have to Cancel, hit Edit, re-do your edits (being careful NOT to use the TAB key) and click Save.

1 Like

@support can this be fixed in a future release of Roon? Would be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @Oliver_Stettner — I’ve passed this along to the team to look into further.

2 Likes

I had not found this report and created a duplicate here, sorry, mods pls feel free to merge or delete:

1 Like

[Edit: Duplicate of TAB in Album Editor not working]

Reproduced with Windows desktop version. (Running under Linux/Wine, but this should not be causing it - it worked as expected with 1.7)

1. Edit album
  2. Go to Release Date or Original Release Date
  3. Enter year
  4. Press Tab key

→ EXPECTED RESULT
Cursor jumps to release date Month. Another Tab press jumps to release date Day. Hence facilitating quick editing.

→ ACTUAL RESULT
The selection seems to jump “somewhere”, but not to release date Month.

• A subsequent blind edit (when assuming that tabbing works as expected) might change something inadvertently.
  • To enter YYYY-MM-DD you must reach for the mouse and click the boxes every time for entering.

Similar problem exists for album and track Recording Start and End Date. Here, tabbing jumps between entry fields for Start and End

Thanks for the feedback! The ticket was filled

2 Likes

Resolved in B778

2 Likes