Tag delimiter problems

I can’t get tag delimiters to work as I wish, or perhaps I don’t understand them.

I wanted the Bohm live version of Tristan and Isolde. I found this on Tidal…

The metadata is atrocious…

Well, I can fix a lot, but I really didn’t want to spend ages removing all the ampersands in
Birgit Nilsson & Christa Ludwig & Peter Schreier & Wolfgang Windgassen & Eberhard Waechter & Martti Talvela & Chor der Bayreuther Festspiele & Orchester der Bayreuther Festspiele & Karl Böhm
and inserting the correct artists. I then remembered that i can specify a delimiter when importing and so added ‘&’.

I deleted the album, cleaned the library, and added it again. No change, still lots of ‘multiple artists’,

Is what I want to do possible when importing Tidal metadata?

Hey @BrianW — Thanks for sharing your observations with us, we appreciate the feedback!

Tag delimiters only work for files tags coming from locally imported content. This metadata comes directly from TIDAL and currently the best option is to manually edit this.

We are currently investigating ways to unambiguously split these compound artists, but we can’t promise any timeframes for those changes to be implemented.

Thanks,
Dylan

Haha! Got a work around…
Went into identify and told it none of these, use basic file info. Result… (after adding Wagner as composer)

Just need to add an image and I’m well on the way!

Credits for first track now look much better…

Hmm, could be better. All track level credits info is identical now, it shouldn’t be.
Oh well, you win some you lose some. At least I have separate artists.
@dylan, thanks for info, I’ll wait patiently.

I actually leave all my Operas as unidentified. It tends to work out better for me, especially for displaying Acts/Scenes like I want them displayed.