Tags Hearts and Bookmarks Not Restoring

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

sonic i9

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ethernet over nighthawk AX80

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

n/a

Description Of Issue

I’m trying to restore from one core to another. The backup was made before v1.8 but now the new core is already running v1.8 (latest as of today). So i’ve restored the backup and redirected the old storage location to the new one but i see no tags or hearts or bookmarks. Of which there are thousands of tags and hearts. Any thoughts?

Side question, how do i check a backup has this data in it to know it’s a valid backup (tags etc)? As someone with thousands of albums this process is ALWAYS a nightmare. Backup files are enormous and hard to manage (transfer etc). Any way you can move to saving xml files in each album folder? I know uber specific but would save constant headaches.

1 Like

@support further to this. I realised i have two accopunts and was logging in with the one not connected to the backup. So i’ve now got tags and bookmarks back but no hearts or ‘do not play’ data. How do i get this back?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @Hugo_Sharp,

Thanks a whole lot for reaching out when running into trouble and for following up with more details - they are very relevant.

It looks like you’ve discovered that a Roon backup can only be restored on the same account. If I understand correctly, you’ve restored the backup but it doesn’t seem to be complete (the favorites and do not play data don’t seem to be imported).

Do you have another backup you could try restoring?

Hey Rebeka, I don’t have another backup. Is there any reason the heart status would ont transfer if everything else has? Should i try to restore it again?

Hi @Hugo_Sharp,

I’ve just notified our technical team of your request, so one of our technicians the will follow up as soon as possible on this thread.

In the meantime, if you wanted to try another restore, that would be great.

Thanks. I restored from the same backup again. Stil no heart status coming through. 4,500 hearts and probably 200 crosses gone…

I am following this topic with special interest as I had this same problem with restoring a Roon backup last year…

Also the 5 star system rating for 605 albums at least gone. Years of work…

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.