Tapping anywhere in the footer shouldn't open queue

Running Roon 1.4 Build 294 (Core and Remote, 64bit). I’ve noticed that since installing 1.4 that trying to go to the next track (on my ipad mini) is constantly bringing up the queued music selection (ie. the music bar/flag icon that is to the right of the next track icon) instead of going to the next track. On investigating this further, I found that touching the black space almost anywhere on the bottom control bar (where all controls are located as well as what is playing and the graph of the volume, etc) is the same as selecting the music/flag icon. This is VERY poor design (or just an oversight). Touching the black space even to the right of the track title and artist name does the same thing. Since there is a lot more blank black space than there are menu icon’s, this gets selected by mistake constantly. Anything touched in the black blank space should have NO effect! It was already way to easy when holding the tablet for your hand to touch a control unintentionally and alter playback - I’ve learned to be careful. Having the entire blank space be a active selection makes this much worse. Should be easy to test and duplicate - and hopefully to fix.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Alfred. I don’t believe we’ve made a change here – tapping anywhere in the “footer” has always brought up the queue.

For now, we can move this to Feature Requests and see if others are interested in a change here.

1 Like

Thanks, yes move to feature request if it isn’t a bug. I’ve just never had this level of problem hitting it by accident before - I’ll just have to be super careful.

It’s always been like this, but thinking about it now I realise that I’d prefer that only the icon area be active for toggling the playlist.

1 Like

Agree, after all - that what the icon is there for in the first place.

1 Like