Tell me why HQ Player

Hi, I got his PM.

I am about to buy HQ Playerā€¦I understand you are a resellerā€¦how do I proceed please?

I hope I am using private messageā€¦new to ROON forumā€¦

Richard

Hi Richard, youā€™ve posted this for all to see in this thread.

If you press on his profile image above, youā€™ll see a ā€œmessageā€ button in blue. Thatā€™s how you can message him privately.

Hope that helps.

Sean - was afraid of thatā€¦I clicked the Avatar and did not see that optionā€¦will look againā€¦

1 Like

@Richard_Bauly this is what pops up for me when I left click his avatar:

Hi Richard,

Try again.

Cheers, Greg

ā€¦it was not initiallyā€¦worked nowā€¦I have message him and I apologize.

Richard

As a new user, you werenā€™t able to Private Message. I made a change to your account.

No need to apologize.

Cheers, Greg

Hello team,

I would like to send a message to have a quote for hqplayer used with Roon, but I canā€™t send :wink:

Thank you very much in advance

Hey @Olivier_Petit,

As of now, you can. :slight_smile:

Thank you!
Pm sent.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Korean HQP enquiry

I just downloaded hqplayer and using the trial period to see if it is worth it. I managed to get everything set up and am playing songs through Roon.

My dac (matrix audio mqa x-sabre pro) displays DSD 11.xxxx so I assume the hqplayer is doing its thing properly.

Iā€™ve tried switching back and forth with hqplayer and without hqplayer but other than a reduced volume (which is expected) and maybe a very slightly tamed treble, Iā€™m not hearing much else different.

Am I supposed to hear a vast difference or does this just vary from person to person and system to system?

My chain is:
NUC8i7BEH + roon core + hqplayer
USB to Matrix Dac
Woo Audio 22 to Abyss 1266/Focal Utopia

Iā€™ve purchased, but not yet recieved, a Singxer SU-6 unit in plans to connect it via iis to a holo audio spring 2 KTE dac (not yet purchased).

Just wondering if i should shell out for:

1. hqplayer license
  2. holo spring dac

If I canā€™t hear much difference in my present setup, is it going to be the same with the holo? Ie NOS dac with no up sampling VS NOS dac with upsampled to DSD via hqplayerā€¦

Hi Gavin,

I use HQ Player to upsample to DSD and then send to a Holo Audio Spring(NOS), and I am pleased with the sound. I donā€™t have your other gear so canā€™t compare.

If you decide to purchase the Spring you donā€™t have to get HQPlayer straight away. You can continue to use the trial version which is limited to a half hour per session, until you work out what is best for you.

Thanks for replying!

Can I ask, if u heard a big difference between upsampled to NOS vs non-upsampled to NOS dac?

Itā€™s not as big a difference as new speakers or convolving a room eq wav, but I find the upsampled DSD signal more natural with a wider soundstage than the PCM source. I donā€™t think Iā€™d call it a big difference.

Thanks man. I guess Iā€™ll give the Holo a shot. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @spencer_john, better to discuss this one publicly where others can chime in too (in case I get it wrong).

Both Desktop version and Embedded version can work with Roon.

So it depends what hardware and OS you currently run, that you want to trial HQPlayer on?

Can you mention the specs of your machine and operating system?

Cheers

The two products have different feature set and design objectives.

Desktop is for normal computers with graphical desktop user interface.

Embedded is for ā€œstreamer firmwaresā€, intended for device manufacturers. HQPlayer OS is a ā€œstreamer firmwareā€ that can run on selected devices. Embedded is also available for DIY builders.

For this reason, there are number of differences how these two are used and also on some of the features. Embedded is Linux-only, but contains for example support to operate as a UPnP Renderer.

Hi Gianluca,

how do I get in touch for a HQPlayer License? I have a single PC version with Windows Server 2012 R2 running with Roon and using Qobuz with a Mytek DAC 192. My setup is already a couple of years old but it is still running fine. I started the update to audiophile optimizer 3.0 this week and installed Roon. It is running fine but I already heard that it is great to try out HQPlayer.

Thanks,
Tim