Terrible classical music interface

When did that sneak in, have I been missing for long ?

And how does it work? When I chose the “Sort by Catalog Number: Opus” the compositions are sorted not exactly by opus number – it seems more like they are sorted by composition date. Sorting works fine for the Tidal compositions, but on the “My library” tab it’s certainly not sorted by opus number. See here for Beethoven:

====

… strangely enough I get better results if I sort in descending order.

Yep, there seems to be an issue with it at times but I couldn’t detect a pattern yet - a work in progress? But the good thing is the data is there so it’s reasonable to believe that in the future we can do more with it.

For instance Roon knows about certain work catalogues. It may not be particularly useful to sort compositions on those but for search / focus this could be interesting when set free:

(I was playing catch the menu here that’s why the entries are disconnected a bit from the corresponding selection button…)

Still waiting for better handling of box sets, especially individual cover art for each disc in box set.

1 Like

Plus better navigation in general

I just tested mine, and it sorts perfectly, up and down. (Running Roon standalone on Mac currently.) It’s a bit concerning that yours doesn’t. Is that the case for all your opus number sorts?

Here’s my beautiful Beethoven sort:

Yes, it’s the same with all composers. Opus sort does not what it’s supposed to do.

I’m using Roon standalone on a Windows computer. Maybe that’s the difference? (@support: perhaps a problem with a Windows sort algorithm?)

My Beethoven Piano Sonatas list sort fine on Win 10 (all updates etc)

The rest is in the right order too

Mike

I’ve noted that what doesn’t seem to work as expected is sorting on (some?) Work Catalog numbers. But then this often has no real meaning anyway because those catalogs are often not “sorted” by numbers.

I tried it again and now it works. I didn’t change anything … very strange indeed.