Testing the B&W Formation Duo

I did buy the Buchardts but returned them and ended up with the Genelec 8341. From your description it sounds like the Buchardt A500 may be for you if you don’t like subwoofers and want to go down to 30Hz. The Genelecs “only” go to 38 Hz. I may add a sub later but the bass is very good for now.

I was not crazy about the Buchardt hub either and had some trouble intergrating it into my system with a Harmony remote. A lot of these new DSP speakers have shortcomings with connectivity. That was also why I did not choose the Formation Duo.

I was looking at the Primare SC15 to replace the Buchardt hub. The SC15 is way cheaper than the PRE35 but depending on your needs you may want the PRE35. I really liked the Buchards soundwise and you can read about me comparing them to the Genelecs here: Genelec 8341 or Buchardt A500?
So if you want deep bass and don’t like floorstanders (or don’t have the room) I would recommend the Buchardts with a different hub. I think I read on their Facebook page that they are working on a another more upscale hub for the A500 and A700.